A world of revived honour and nobility of family institutions.
MFADVU ’S MISSION
To promote interactive dialogue for family stability and sustainable development of society by engaging men and boys as entry points.
VALUES AND PRINCIPLES OF MFADVU
As an organization which fights Gender Based Violence working with grass root communities, we cherish the following values and principles as guiding lights:
- Unity in diversity
- People-centered development, where gender equality and equity, peace, love, justice to all is not discriminative and sustainable uses of resources are basics of socio-economic development.
- Legitimacy in society on the basis of its membership.
- Enhanced family institutional development through sharing of the abundant skills and experiences among members of the organization.
- Ability to work with Government and other stakeholders while maintaining an independent and critical stance.
- Integrity and professionalism through transparent and accountable structures.
- Political non-partisanship and respect for the rule of law and human rights.
GOAL OF MEN’S FORUM AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE UGANDA (MFADVU)
Our ultimate goal is to focus on gender equality; in view of addressing the root causes of Gender Based Violence in homesteads and communities. This will be attained through focusing on men and boys as the entry point for protection and promotion of the inherent fundamental human rights of all members that constitute a family and a community. This will deepen the propagation of family stability for sustainable development.